Wednesday, 27 April 2016

tops, tanks, & tees knit along 2016

last year's tttkal project was this version of faultline. ashtyn walker has a great back, and leif norman took a sexy photo of it.
it's time for shannon's annual tops, tanks, & tees knit along! or the #tttkal, for those of you following along on social media. i've participated for the past two years - the first year, i knit up vasa by dianna walla, and then last year i used the kal as an opportunity to knit up faultline


awwww, look at my lack of tattoos! also, i think my arms were less toned. i blame the amount of knitting and dyeing i do these days for the increased muscle mass.



this year, i'm aiming to take advantage of the kal again and get two designs on and off my needles before the deadline of may 27. the first will be a tank design using lichen & lace's 80/20 sock yarn. i've had this yarn for months and just haven't settled my brain on the exact design, having just the general shape in my mind the whole time. time to fix that issue! then, depending on whether i have time, i'm going to try and get a summery layering top done using shibui knits' cima. it's a (heavy) lace weight, which is totally not my comfort zone, but i have a very specific idea in my brain of what i want with this, and it does call for the cloud-like feel of lace weight yarn.

my colour palette is definitely a muted one.

i'll post the test knitting calls as i get the patterns ready, of course. but if you're interested in calling dibs right now, give me a shout so i can keep track of you! garment sizes will go from 30-52" chest circumferences.


No comments:

Post a Comment