Saturday, 3 May 2014

last minute creation


i knit another shawl (one can never have too many shawls!) for my friend's wedding social, this time for the auction. it's inspired by stephen west's samen shawl from the dear amsterdam collection (which i will eventually knit for myself), but because of the random yarn quantities i had, i wasn't actually able to follow the pattern. or any pattern. so i made up my own, and just knit as the yarn allowed. 


it was a pretty solid stashbuster, so that means i can buy more yarn, right? i had the following remnants:
a - uncommon thread silky merino fingering in ink blot 
b - socktopus sokkusu o in slice of orange 
c - tanis fiber arts cosmic blue label in shadow 
d - malabrigo sock in indiecita 
e - malabrigo sock in candombe 
f - koigu kpppm in p703 154 
g - tanis fiber arts purple label in ballet slipper 
h - sweetgeorgia tough love sock in stella


and then made the sections like this:
ab (garter) 
bc (stockinette) 
cd (garter) 
de (stockinette) 
ef (garter) 
fg (stockinette) 
gg (held double, garter) 
gh (picot bind off)



of course, before i used up the remainder of each skein, i had to make sure i had at least one hexipuff made to add to my beekeeper's quilt. i'm planning on doing that with all of my fingering-weight skeins, at least from my personal stash. it's nice to see larger projects and adventures reflected in the quilt.

om nom nom! (the long edge reminds me of cotton candy…)

if you're attending the social, you'll be able to bid on the shawl. if you'd like your own, give me a shout. i could always use an excuse to refill my stash.

No comments:

Post a Comment